United way of Bengaluru channelizes your efforts towards results for the community.
We develop lasting solutions for issues that affect your city. Volunteer and help us make it happen.
Our volunteering opportunities:
- Are for all citizens – the young, old, students, professionals and home makers, and anyone who wants to take action for the city’s good.
- Acquaint you with real issues and help you to address them.
- Follow rules and are developed keeping in mind civic norms. We get all the permissions necessary for you to execute your work as a volunteer without any obstacles.
- Provide you with models and methods to carry out your work and also let you see the impact it makes.
- Help you build planning and organizational skills, and provide a chance for team work
Our well-designed volunteering programs are particularly suited for students looking to gain community work experience. The nature and duration of the program can be aligned with your specific skills or requirements. Since we are an affiliate of United Way Worldwide, volunteering with us is a great way to fulfil the community work requirement laid out by foreign universities and organizations.
Register Today ! Be a part of our volunteer team.
“United Way Bengaluru’s volunteer events are always a fantastic experience as they are well planned, and provide a great opportunity to spend time on meaningful activities which help make an impact.”– Praveen Kulkarni, Volunteer
Praveen works with a large multinational in the city and started volunteering with United Way at a ‘Wake the Lake’ event in 2010. He reiterates how volunteering leaves him feeling happy and satisfied at giving back to society/ nature.
He tells a heart-warming tale – about the influence his commitment has had on his nine-year old son, Parth.
Praveen reminisces how he brought his son along for the plantation drive at the Herohalli Lake in 2010, for the very first time, to help him experience the importance of respecting and protecting nature. Parth was only five years old. He recollects how his little son absolutely loved the experience and started accompanying him to all the events.